The Energy and Environment Policy Committee deals with European economy and energy policies as well as environmental regulations. It has regular contacts with the European institutions and other international organisations.
The Energy and Environment Policy Committee is further responsible for the organisation of special events and conferences.
- EU energy policy strategies
- Sustainable energy mix and security of supply
- EU emissions trading
- Energy efficiency
- Legal framework for CO2 capture and storage
- Access to coal reserves
- Legal matters
Furthermore, the Committee is a platform for Members to exchange information in the field of environmental protection.
To improve the transparency of environmental legislation, the Committee publishes “Fact Sheets” summarising the baselines, the procedures and EURACOAL’s position on important coal-related environmental dossiers.
- Integrated Pollution and Prevention Control (IPPC) Directive and further related Directives
- EU regime for Large Combustion Plants (LCP)
- Directive on Carbon Capture and Storage
- Water Framework Directive and Groundwater Directive
- Waste Framework Directive and Implementation of the Mining Waste Directive
- Soil Protection